Dear Penn Future Women in Health,
As future health care professionals, we have an obligation to step up and contribute to the “war effort” against COVID-19. We have thus created a “Coronavirus Committee” within PFWH with 4 main goals, listed below:
- Sewing masks for health care workers, grocery store clerks, pharmacists, post-office workers and other essential workers (following very strict guidelines that will be provided with instructions)
- Writing to congress for more PPE for healthcare workers using AMWA’s guide
- Ordering pizzas using raised funds to be delivered to local EDs for healthcare workers on the frontline
- Relaying important, reliable information to keep family and friends up to date with pandemic news
All tasks can be completed remotely, of course. To sign up to be on the committee, fill out the form in this link.
Please reach out to us over email (firstname.lastname@example.org) with any questions, concerns, or ideas. In the meantime, please stay indoors, safe, and healthy. We will get through this, together.
Eliana Jolkovsky (President) and Caitlin Cavarrochi (Committee Head)
Materials (click this link for specifics):
- 100% medium weight cotton (quilt fabric)
- Sewing machine (Click for handheld machine)
Details for pickup/delivery coming soon.
LETTERS TO CONGRESS (#GetMePPE)
AMWA has been diligent on getting us all news on the status of PPE materials being sent to hospitals. Please consider writing to congress about changing the regulations using this Template letter.
Ariane Michelson, Bria McKenzie, Briana McLeod, Charlyn Gomez, Christina Goessman, Christina Hum, Deneb Zavala, Eliana Jolkovsky, Elizabeth Keller, Elton Wong, Emily Kim, Erin Hyer, Grace Merriman, Ishita Srivastava, Jessica Diaz, Katie Yerkes, Kendra Poirier, Kylie Dollard, Meena Barakam, Megan Kim, My Nguyen, Roosha Mandal, Sara Brooks